Podcast 96: How to Create a Yearly Overview for 2022Dec 23, 2021
Creating a simple overview for your holistic business will help you start the new year brilliantly. Having a plan will keep your marketing efforts focused which will ultimately help you find clients and thrive. If you want to look back this time next year and be really proud of all you’ve achieved, plan it now.
Starting with your vision for your business, it acts as a compass for what you want to achieve in the future. If you haven’t done a vision, this blog and podcast will help you figure yours out.
Based on your vision, decide what you need to achieve during the next year to accomplish it. Write them down so you know what you are working towards.
These are your yearly goals which will be too big and scary to tackle in one go. This is where creating a simple overview plan of your year is priceless. You plot out the year ahead, breaking down your goals into smaller achievable ones across the year.
Also, include details of anything that affects your business in your overview:
- Events you’re attending for your business
- Events you’re planning to deliver yourself, for example, workshops or retreats
- Key dates which are relevant to your favourite clients, annual holidays and celebrations – these can provide great ideas for your marketing
- Personal holidays, you’ll need to accommodate these in your plans, especially if you work alone
- Having an overview of your year will help you maximise any opportunities to build your business and make sure you’re organised for them.
It doesn’t have to be anything complicated, just go old school with a piece of paper and divide it into 12 boxes. Alternatively use a yearly planner – there are some great free ones available if you google ‘free printable year planner 2022’ or use a spreadsheet – whatever works for you. You just want a way of plotting out your year to capture an overview of what you’re working towards.
You’ll end up with something like this:
- Run 2 x in-person workshops, each for 10 people
- Launch podcast and release season 1 (10 episodes)
- Increase number of 1:1 client appointments to 7 per week
- Create a gift range for Christmas
This exercise will help you see if there are any points in the year, you’ll need extra help and if your goals are realistic.
Your plans are flexible; they provide you with direction so you know where to focus your marketing efforts. You can update and adapt them as you go and a great way to support the flexibility is to create 90-day goals.
90-day goals will focus you for the quarter of the year coming up and will help you to keep up your marketing momentum to make them happen. This blog and podcast walk you through setting 90-day goals.
Planning to Thrive in 2022 – Saturday 8th January 2022
Join me on Zoom for one day and let’s get 2022 planned and ready for you to thrive.
You’ll create your personalised plan to keep you focussed for the rest of the year, so you know where to direct your efforts.
I’ll help you identify the right marketing activities for your business based on you, your values, your strengths, and your available resources.
The day will be practical and interactive with a comprehensive workbook/planner to complete which will guide you through the rest of the year.
Places are limited to 8 so you’ll get personal feedback and the opportunity to connect with like-minded practitioners and support each other.
So, if you want to get a great start to the year, join me - find the full information here
Podcast 96 show notes:
- (01:18) Start with your vision
- (01:47) Set your yearly goals
- (02:15) Create an overview of the year ahead
- (06:15) Plans are flexible