Marketing a Health and Wellness Website
You may have the best website in the world but if you don’t market it, you will make it difficult for people to find it. You need to find ways of sharing your website with your potential clients and encourage them to visit it.
Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
Featuring on page one of Google is the ideal, but in reality, SEO is a long term game. Do you get bombarded with emails promising to get me at the top of Google? I do too! Unfortunately, no one can guarantee this! No one knows exactly how the google algorithms work (other than Google) so don’t get sucked in by this hype.
If you are tempted to employ someone to do this for you, ask your network for recommendations rather than respond to an email promising the world.
There is a lot you can do to help your own SEO. Google are providing a service to their users and they want the best and most relevant information to appear. You can increase your chances of appearing in searches with a few simple steps which I’ll cover in the next article.
If you have the budget, you can pay for advertising to help guide people to your website. If this is the route you decide to go, it needs to be done strategically to make the most of your money.
Depending on your discipline and the services you offer, Google Ads is often a good option. If you think about it, most people turn to Google first for a solution to their problem. You can do paid ads in Google which many of my practitioner colleagues have done, very successfully.
Facebook ads are also popular but again you need to be strategic in how you go about these. Also, make sure your services are appropriate to be promoted on Facebook. I would query if promoting services around very personal health issues is a good fit on Facebook and Google may be a better option.
There is an art to paid ads whichever platform you choose and there are many others options like Twitter, Pinterest etc. You’ll have to invest time and money testing your ads until you find out what works and what doesn’t. If you have the budget, there are agencies that can help you work out the best strategy and set up your ads. They will speed up the whole process, but it will still take a period of time to really understand what works so be prepared for this.
Other options for promoting your website are:
- Include links to your website on your personal social media profiles. That way, family and friends will be able to check out your information
- Build professional pages on social media like a Facebook business page, Twitter account, Pinterest for Business etc. and share your content and offers. As I write this, my website designer recommends Pinterest and Instagram as great platforms to attract visitors to your website
- Create a YouTube channel and start making videos
- Send updates out to your email list with links to your posts
- Participate in social media group discussions, e.g. Facebook or LinkedIn and share links to your information and website in relevant conversations
- Put a link to your website in your email signature
- Include your website address on any business cards, flyers or posters you create
- List your services in relevant online directories with links to your website. See my post on finding the right online directories for you.
- Find other website owners that you can provide value to by writing guest blog posts
- Be interviewed on podcasts (or videos) to share your expertise
- If you have a local practice, have car graphics that include your website details
Don’t try and do everything at once, pick one or two things and start there. Once you get confident and into the flow with one option, add another into the mix.
If you need help in marketing your website, contact me to find out how I can help you.
Grow Your Complementary Practice, Your Way!
One size doesn't fit all and the best way to thrive as a practitioner, is to nurture a business based around your strengths and the people you help.
Learn how to grow your health and well-being business on your terms.
Sign up for my weekly emails and receive free resources, simple strategies, inspiration and motivation, news and updates straight to your inbox.